For us in Stonham Parva we are Area 1 so Brown Bin Collection will recommence on Wednesday 20th May.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils and their waste partner Serco have provided these letters for people to give to anyone who might not know about changes to bin collections due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
I thought you would find this useful, so just to let you know:
• Household rubbish and recycling bins are still being collected
• Garden waste collections will restart from w/c 11 May – crews will be following the normal schedule which means collections will start from Monday 11 May for those in ‘area 2’ and from Monday 18 May for those in ‘area 1’.
If you have the internet, you can find the latest information about waste collections at www.suffolkrecycling.org.uk/waste-services-and-coronavirus-covid-19/ and check your collection day at https://www.babergh.gov.uk/waste-services/collection-days/
If you don’t have the internet, don’t worry, I’ll try to keep you updated.
Here’s some other useful advice:
• Make sure all rubbish, recycling and garden waste is inside your bins and that the bin lids are closed.
• If you have additional garden waste, you can compost or empty it into your bin, but make sure you spread it across several collections – the lid must shut.
• Recycling should be put loose (not in bags) in the recycling bin.
• Please park considerately so the bin lorries can get up the road and empty our bins.
• Remember to wash your hands before and after putting the bins out and bringing them in.
• Keep your distance from the bin crews (minimum two metres) to minimise the risk of infection.
• We're being asked not to burn rubbish – the smoke is bad for people with breathing problems and there is a risk of fire spreading or people getting injured.
I will let you know if I hear of any other changes.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils